Bauxite News - General

OPCL acquires 80% stake in Ghana Bauxite Company, replacing Bosai Minerals

  | AlCircle   |

The Ghanaian holding company, Ghana Integrated Aluminium Development Corporation (GIADEC), dealing with all government investments and interests in the nation's integrated aluminium business, has introduced OPCL as the new majority shareholder of Ghana Bauxite Company (GBC) to the traditional leaders, Chiefs and people of Ahwiaso and Sefwi Bekwai in the Western North region.

OPCL acquires 80% stake in Ghana Bauxite Company

A 100 per cent owned Ghanaian company, OPCL, in March 2022, acquired 80 per cent shares in GBC, which a Chinese mining giant previously held, Bosai Minerals Group Limited, while the remaining 20% is owned by the Government of Ghana (GoG). The Chinese mining firm Bosai Minerals backed out of operations and left the country.

The traditional leader, who doubles as the President of the National House of Chiefs, made courtesy calls to the President of the Western-North Regional House of Chiefs and Sefwi Ahwiaso Traditional Council, Ogyeahoho Yaw Gyebi II, at his Palace in Sefwi Ahwiaso. He commended GIADEC for ensuring that the transition from the old to the new managers of GBC went smoothly, resulting in the continuity of work without any pauses.

OPCL acquires 80% stake in Ghana Bauxite Company

In particular, he expressed his gratitude to GIADEC CEO Michael Ansah for playing a crucial role in ensuring no job losses during the transition period, as that was a primary concern, especially for locals.

Ogyeahoho Yaw Gyebi II commends OPCL for taking over GBC and urges them to 'turn a new leaf' in its operations. His view is that the communities have been deprived of meaningful benefits, especially during Bosai Minerals Group Limited's administration, and therefore, they expect OPCL to improve things.

Ansah expressed gratitude to the traditional leaders for their continued support for the Integrated Aluminium Industry (IAI) vision and reiterated his commitment to achieving value addition.

Future of the Global Aluminium Castings Industry

Ofori Poku, the Executive Chairman of Ofori Poku Company Limited (OPCL), thanked the traditional leaders for their endorsement and support. According to him, GBC recognizes traditional leaders and community members as development partners, and his visit is to rekindle and further strengthen those relationships.

Edited By:


This news is also available on our App 'AlCircle News' Android | iOS


Related Business Leads
Selling offer Bauxite
Al203: 55-60% SiO2: 1-5% CaO: 0.3-1% Fe203: 18-22%  Moisture: 1-4% We are producing bauxite from our own quarries in Mugla,Turkey. We are supplying b...
Posted On : 09/Aug/2022

We are Mining Group /Cooperative selling of BAUXITE & GOLD in West Africa, looking for a buyer for a longterm contract of selling our product, please ...
Posted On : 01/Nov/2021

Selling offer BAUXITE
Al2O3 : 54-58 %  / SiO2  : 6-8 %  for lumpy Al2O3 : 50-54 %  / SiO2  : 6-9%  for fine grade Al2O3 : 46-54 %  / SiO2  : 08-18 %  for cement category ...
Posted On : 28/Oct/2021

Buying request Bauxite Ore
Need Bauxite Ore in bulk shipment. 50,000 MT (10+/-). Your price is USD 16.00/MT FOB Iskender port, Turkey. Evevry 2 months once and 6 shipments per ...
Posted On : 23/Aug/2021

We are miners and exporters of monohydrate bauxite ore from our mines in souther part of Turkey. We stock 50.000 Tonnes Lumpy Bauxite Ore ready for sh...
Posted On : 18/Jun/2021
Alternate Text
EPIQ Machinery
A world class equipment designer specialized in developing innovative & effective solutions for heavy equipment, vehicles, and material handling systems
Alternate Text
RIA Cast House Engineering
Leading supplier of rail mounted precision Furnace Charging Machines and Furnace Skimming Machines
Alternate Text
Altek
Leading manufacturer of value-added equipment for the aluminum casthouse
Alternate Text
Jagannath Company
Manufacturers & Supplier of Magnesium Metal and Aluminium Foundry Chemicals
Alternate Text
CETAG
A supplier of proven systems and an expert adviser in aluminum casthouse technology, offering its services worldwide to the aluminum industry.
Alternate Text
LB ALUMINIUM BERHAD
Leading Aluminium Extruder in South East Asia, offering world class solutions from die fabrication, extrusion to value-added finishing.