
Indonesia presumes $3.7 billion in investments for mining and refinery projects to be delayed to 2021 if the COVID-19 pandemic lingers until the end of 2020, as per a mining official.

Irwandy Arif, an advisor to the Energy and Mineral Resources Minister said: “The investments were expected for 35 ore processing facilities that are under construction or scheduled to start development this year.”
This includes seven bauxite projects, among others, are now expected to be completed by around 2023 due to the delay of this year.
The Advisor also stated that all new mining developments had been kept on hold since January'20.
Arif also said: “The government’s earlier scenario for the coronavirus outbreak to end in June’20 is looking unlikely, as the number of daily cases had not yet shown a consistent downtrend.”
Arif concluded by saying that before the coronavirus outbreak, Indonesia targetted for $20 billion investments in various projects of the mining industry. The country has now recorded with 48,000 people infected by the virus as of Tuesday.
Responses








A proud
ASI member
AL Circle Private Limited | CIN: U72200WB2017PTC221175
Registered Office: Ecospace Business Park, Block 3A, Unit 401A, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB 700160
Corporate Office: Ecospace Business Park, Block 3A, Unit 401A, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB 700160
© 2026 AL Circle. All rights reserved. AL Circle is not responsible for content from external sources.