|Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC) is a coordinating body that represents promotes and protects the interests of the aluminium industry within the Gulf. In a conversation with AlCircle,|
Orbite provides update on high purity alumina plant construction
Project08/Jul/2016Orbite Technologies Press ReleaseOrbite Technologies Inc. today provided an operational update on the Company's progress with the construction of its high purity alumina (HPA) plant.
• CNC Mecanique was demobilized as planned from the site the week of June 27th.
• The remaining piping mechanical work was awarded to Fjordtech Industries Inc., who started preparation the week of June 27th and commenced work on July 4th.
• The contract for the remaining electrical and instrumentation work was awarded to Electro Kingsey the week of June 27th. Mobilization and work will commence on July 11th, and will be completed concurrently with completion of the piping work by Fjordtech.
• Both contracts were awarded following a competitive bid process, on a fixed-price basis with penalty provisions for late delivery, and stipulate an 8 week project timeline, with work continuing over the construction holiday. The contracts respect the revised project budget.
• Isolation Morissette was remobilized the week of June 6th, and is completing the insulation work on the steam piping and the calcination system (decomposer & calciner), also under a fixed price contract.
All other construction is complete (civil and structural, major mechanical installation, decomposer and calciner installation ), or materially complete (ventilation).
Commissioning and start-up
• As reported on June 21st, all commissioning and cold start-up activities of the decomposer and calciner units have been completed successfully.
• Alumina product (SGA) was successfully fluidized in both reactors, and up to 5 tonnes per day was successfully transferred from the decomposer to the calciner via the sealpot assembly system.
• Additional systems will be commissioned and started as they are completed by Fjordtech and Electro Kingsey, including the hot start-up of the decomposer and calciner, forecast to commence in August.
"The project is progressing as communicated in our previous press release and at our annual meeting of shareholders," stated Glenn Kelly, CEO of Orbite. "With fixed price contracts against rigid timelines for the remainder of the work, we have a clear line of sight to completion. Additionally, commissioning activities have progressed well and our team is gaining the necessary experience on the various systems to operate the plant once started up."
Get fresh Aluminium data and insights
Your partner in aluminium cast house and smelters for the latest technology and integration.
Manufacturer of high tech equipment and plants for Aluminium, Copper and Zinc industry
3-5 May 2017, at the Marriott London Grosvenor Square, London UK.
- Get top listed among the 60,000 directory data of AlCircle
- Post your company profile
- Showcase your product with images
- Get Business leads in your inbox